TCAM2 is the entry model for tool measuring with electronic image processing
It is the intelligent combination of a digital CMOS-camera and evaluation
electronics with a 6.4˝ TFT-colour monitor. TCAM2 can be used to align and
position profile contours in X- and Z-axis as well as for manual measuring.
Mouse operation makes it very easy to use. The system possesses a high degree of
built-in intelligence. Its automatic contour recognition recommends the most
suitable measuring method to the operator and automatically displays the
measuring lines and coordinates of the tip on the monitor. Tool tip angles and
radii are automatically displayed. An alpha-numerical keypad can be displayed on
the screen and used by mouse click. RS-232 interface for program updates and the
documentation of measuring results to a computer network. As an option it is
possible to transfer machine tool program compatible measuring data to a CNC
control via RS-232 interface. TCAM2 provides the operator with all data required
for direct tool presetting, A PC is not required.
Measuring function with floating reticule.
The image processing system will find the edge of the tool
locking on to it and giving real time feed back of the tool size without
aligning the edge with the main crosshairs.
selection of desired measuring process.
the TCAM2 system
automatically suggests the required measurement mode, this can be manually
selected if a different feature is required.
Determination of measuring window.
The measurement box can be
re-sized and shaped to measure complicated shapes without interference
from other features.
Management of adapter zero points.
Up to 99 different adapter
offsets can be stored and re-called in the memory, this removes any manual
calculation required for different tool shank adaptation.
Frontal illumination for tip inspection (optional).
With the addition of
frontal illumination the tool edge can be inspected. In this mode
measurements can also be taken via the mouse or cross hairs, the image can
also be saved as a Bitmap.
Control compatible data output (PP) (optional).
The TCAM2 is capable of
linking directly to the machine, DNC without the addition of PC based
system, the controller can handle one post processor definition Which can
be linked to many machines if they all have the same controller. For
multiple controllers configurations' see the
- fixed and floating axes
- reticule - centre
- automatic recognition of measuring process by contour evaluation
- alternative manual determination of measuring process by mouse click
Display and operating features:
- Adjusting aid for both axes
- Variable evaluation area, definable by mouse click
- Switchable live image, colour or black/white (tip inspection)
- Display hardcopy via RS-232 for documentation of measuring result
- Glass scales AcuRite 0.001 mm
- Memory for 99 adapter zero points
- Memory for 500 tools, 12 digits, alpha-numerical
- Internal tool library
- Absolute, difference and incremental measurements
- Switchable radius and diameter
- Switchable mm-inch
- Hold function
- Parallelisms and linear compensation
- Password protection
- Label and tool list via USB and RS-232
- Data output for 1 machine tool (optional)
- English/German/French/Spanish/Italian (other languages on request)